How to: High Cable Crossover
The high cable crossover is a great isolation exercise for the chest. If done correctly this workout solely builds the chest making it a good choice for athletes carrying minor injuries. When doing the high cable cross-over you’ll need specialist equipment such as a cable crossover machine which will more than likely only be available in your gym.
Main: Sternal (Lower) Pectoralis Major
Synergists: Clavicular (Upper) Pectoralis Major, Pectoralis Minor, Rhomboids, Levator Scapulae, Anterior Deltoid, Latissimus Dorsi
- Locate the cable crossover machine in your gym and move the cables up to the top of the machine and lock them into the place.
- Grab both cables and step forward into a staggered stable stance so that the weigh lifts up.
- With a slight bend in your elbows lift the weight bring the weight through so your hands almost meed at the front of your body.
- Pause for a second and then slowly bring the weight back to the starting position. Don’t let the weights drop too far or tension will be removed from the muscle.
- Repeat this movement for 8-12 reps if trying to build muscle mass or until failure if you are trying to achieve muscular endurance.
Looking for more exercises for the gym? Check out our workouts page.
VIDEO: How to do the high cable cross-over