How to: Chest Dips
Performing chest dips in the gym are something you should certainly be thinking about including in your workouts. They can be performed as a calisthenic or, once mastered, weight can be added via a weight belt to add difficulty. These can be a great way to end off your workout by going to failure.
Main: Triceps Brachii
Synergists: Anterior Deltoid, Pectoralis Major, Latissimus Dorsi, Pectoralis Minor, Rhomboids, Levator Scapulae
Steps to do chest dips
- Position your self between a dip station or other sturdy bars you can dip between
- Grab the bar and angle your elbows slightly outwards as opposed to the regular parallel position of a normal dip.
- Lean slightly forward instead of keeping your body straight up
- Next lower yourself as low as feels comfortable and then press up squeezing the chest muscles as you do.
- After practice, this may get too easy so look at adding a weight belt to help increase strength gains.
Looking for more exercises for the gym? Check out our workouts page.
VIDEO: How to do the chest dips